Are you eager to help accelerate agrifoodtech startups that shape a sustainable food system? And do you have strong (online) detective skills? StartLife is looking for a Startup Scout. In this position you fulfill a key role in our startup accelerator: scouting promising food & agtech startups that we give a boost forward with our support programs.
About the position
As Startup Scout you have one main aim: scouting the best European food & agtech startups for our programs. You find and select the most impactful European early phase agrifoodtech startups for our Accelerate program. You match startups with our global corporates and investors to make an impact. As a contact person for our startups and corporates you will help to organize meetups with those partners.
You’ll grow fast in this role, get to know the startup scene inside-out, meet the most inspiring impact-driven Food & Agri startups, come across breakthrough technologies and work with an amazing team at StartLife!
You’ll quickly grow your network and build relations with leading food & agriculture companies and startup hubs.
What you will do as Startup Scout at StartLife
As one of our two Startup Scouts, you:
- Participate in offline and online agrifood events to identify startups for our programs and act as direct point of contact for new startups
- Engage with our global Food & Agtech corporate partners on their innovation challenges and our VC partners on dealflow
- Manage relations with other startup accelerators/incubators in Europe to identify potential startups
- Manage online channels and social media to identify and connect to potential startups
- (Help) organizing meet & greets, selection days, demo days, and other virtual / hybrid meetups.
What we ask from you
- You completed a bachelor / master in food technology, biotechnology or a related field
- You understand and like agrifoodtech startups, startup experience is a strong plus
- You speak and write excellent English and preferably Dutch
- You are a go-getter, you get things done and you are confident, for instance to engage with corporate executives
- You’re an active social media user and love organizing online meetings
What we offer you
As a Startup Scout, you will work in a young, international team of 14 people on Wageningen Campus in the Plus Ultra II building – the heart of the agrifood startup community. We offer a dynamic position with responsibility from day one.
Your monthly salary depends on your knowledge and experience; gross minimum € 2,158 and a maximum of € 2,932 based on a full working week (36 hours). The duration of the employment contract is initially for one year via Randstad Payrolling with the intention to extend.
StartLife is Europe’s longest running and leading agrifoodtech accelerator. Its mission is to accelerate agrifoodtech startups shaping a sustainable food system. We provide business development support, mentoring, non-dilutive funding and access to a global community of startups, investors, corporates and experts. Since 2010 the accelerator, that was co-founded by Wageningen University & Research, has supported over 400 agrifoodtech startups that have raised over €185 million follow-on capital.
Please let us know why you are the perfect fit for the job as Startup Scout and send your cv and motivation to our Operations Director at firstname.lastname@example.org. By doing so, you agree that we process your data.