Is foodtech your game and building a better world your aim? Take the next step in your career and become StartLife’s Startup Scout! In this position you will be in the lead for finding and picking Europe’s next heroes in foodtech. And with the support of StartLife, leading corporates and investors, you will help them succeed!
About the position: Startup Scout
As our Startup Scout you have one main aim: finding and selecting the most impactful European early phase B2B startups for our support programs, including our flagship program StartLife Accelerate. You’ll also match startups with leading corporates and investors from all over the world. You will work together with corporates like Givaudan – the world’s largest flavor & fragrance producer, Yili – Asia’s largest dairy producer. And with investors, such as the YieldLab Europe, Doehler Ventures, and ICOS capital. As a contact person for our startups and corporates you will help to organize meetups with those partners.
In this position you will operate at the frontier of agrifoodtech innovation. You are one of the first to know where the future of food is taking us. You will come across breakthrough technologies and meet the most inspiring impact-driven foodtech startups. You’ll grow fast in this role, get to know the startup scene inside-out and work with an amazing team at StartLife! You’ll quickly grow your professional network and build warm relations with leading food & agriculture companies and startup hubs.
What you will do as Startup Scout at StartLife
- Participate in offline and online agrifood events to identify and reach out to the best agrifoodtech startups, discuss their proposition and assess the fit for StartLife’s programs
- Engage with our global f&a corporate partners on their innovation challenges and our investor partners on dealflow
- Manage relations with other startup accelerators/incubators in Europe to identify startups
- Utilize online channels and social media to identify and connect to potential startups
- Help organize meet & greets, selection & demo days, and other virtual / hybrid meetups
What we ask from you
- You love food and agtech startups; your own startup experience is a strong plus
- You’ve completed a bachelor / master in biotechnology, bioprocess engineering or plant sciences
- You are fluent in English and Dutch
- You are out-going, a go-getter: you get things done and you know it
- You’re super active on social media and love organizing online meetings
What we offer you
As a Startup Scout, you will work in a fun, international team of 14 people that go the extra mile for impact-driven agri & food startups. You will work in the heart of the agrifood startup community on Wageningen Campus. And from your own home, if you like. We offer you a dynamic position with responsibility from day one – you decide what to make of this position and there’s room to grow fast!
Your monthly salary depends on your knowledge and experience; with a maximum of gross €2,980 monthly for a full working week (36 hours). The duration of the employment contract is initially for one year via Randstad Payrolling with the intention to extend.
Please note that a permanent working permit in the Netherlands is required for this position.
StartLife is the top agrifoodtech startup accelerator in The Netherlands and Europe, co-founded by Wageningen University & Research. We offer a world-class acceleration program, top industry business mentors, non-equity funding and access to a global community of startups, investors, corporates and experts. Since 2010 we’ve supported over 400 agrifoodtech startups that have raised over €230 million follow-on capital.
Please let us know why you are the perfect fit for the job as Startup Scout. Send your motivation and c.v. as quickly as you can to our Operations Director at email@example.com. By doing so, you agree that we process your data.