Innovative ideas do not always lead to completely developed projects, due to lack of time and / or creative energy. Students of Wageningen University & Research may offer a solution to this problem. In different courses, BSc and MSc students work in groups on a project supplied by external commissioners. Education Project Services (Onderwijsloket) iscontinuously looking for organizations with an interesting subject for groups of students to work on.
Interdisciplinary Consultancy Team (8 weeks)
Do you have an challenging research assignment for an interdisciplinary academic consultancy team to work on for eight consecutive weeks? Within the master of science course Academic Consultancy Training, students work together in multi-disciplinary teams of five to seven students to address specific real-life queries set by societal and private organizations. Projects run for eight weeks, in which the students work part-time for three weeks and full time for five weeks.
Biosystems Engineering; Aquaculture and Marine Resource Management; Animal Sciences; Bioinformatics; Biology; Biobased Sciences; Communication, Health and Life Sciences; Climate Studies; Earth and Environment; Environmental Sciences; Forest and Nature Conservation; International Development Studies; Leisure, Tourism and Environment; Management, Economics and Consumer Studies; Molecular Life Sciences; Nutrition and Health; Organic Agriculture; Plant Biotechnology; Plant Sciences; Urban Environmental Management.
- The ACT course is organized five times a year (project application deadline in between brackets)
- Sept – Oct (Friday, 28 May 2021)
- Nov – Dec (Friday, 27 Aug 2021)
- Jan – Mar (Friday, 22 Oct 2021)
- Mar – Apr (Friday, 14 Jan 2022)
- May – July (Friday, 11 Mar 2022)
- Due to the participation of international students, the project will be executed in English.
- An administrative fee of 50 euros applies. In addition, you are to reimburse expenses such as travel expenses, printing costs, etc. of the students.
If you are interested to learn more about this opportunity, please contact Jelle van Leeuwen. (See contact details below.)
Product Quality Literature Research (4 weeks)
If you have a research question regarding the product quality of a food product or opportunities for product and process improvements, than third-year bachelor’s students of the Food Technology program may be able to help you out. In the course Case Studies Product Quality groups of five to six students will work four weeks full time on your assignment.
Students integrate the various disciplines in food technology: food microbiology, food processing, food chemistry and food physics, together with aspects such as market science, consumer, legislation or economy. The students will deliver an advice or design based on scientific literature; practical work is not at the core of this course.
- The course is given from February to March.
- Due to the participation of international students, the project will be executed in English. For commissioners, participation in the course is free.
- The commissioner is expected to have contact with the students during a kick-off meeting, and throughout the project to give feedback and expertise.
Interested? Please contact Jelle van Leeuwen by 1 December 2021 at the latest. (See contact details below)
Contact Education Project Service
Interested in learning more about how students of Wageningen University & Research can be of help to you, please contact:
Jelle van Leeuwen
Project Leader Education Project Service at Wageningen University & Research
T: + 31 317 485 314