Analyst Intern – StartLife at Wageningen University & Research
StartLife is the leading incubator for Food & Agtech startups in The Netherlands and Europe. We’re building, funding and growing startups that become leading enterprises with a lasting impact in food & agriculture. You will play a key role in building promising new ventures. You will meet the most inspiring researchers and entrepreneurs working with the most promising technologies.
The Analyst Intern is responsible for making sure we identify, screen and support the most promising venture propositions within Wageningen University & Research, with the potential of becoming the next generation of groundbreaking food & agtech startups. You will meet many advanced startups around Wageningen Campus, and during visits to interesting events and conferences. You will also participate in multiple-day business challenges organized by StartLife.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Engage with researchers and entrepreneurs to learn about their propositions and perform an initial screening;
- Advise the StartLife team on the venture potential of research projects, technologies and ideas in the food, agriculture, and biobased domains;
- Conduct market analysis to determine the commercial feasibility of propositions;
- Determine the technical feasibility of propositions;
- Conduct financial analysis to evaluate the financial implications of propositions;
- Help write business plans.
About StartLife StartLife is a startup incubator located on Wageningen Campus in The Netherlands, and co-founded by Wageningen University & Research. Through our venture building activities and our incubation program we build, fund and grow food & agtech startups, developing innovate technologies that have great potential impact. We provide them with a network of scientific experts, corporate partners, and investors. Since 2011 we’ve supported over 250 startups who have raised over €90 million in follow-on funding.
Who are we looking for?
- Have a passion for startups, technology and innovation
- Have affinity with food, agtech and biotechnology, and finance
- Are pro-active, curious, analytical and results-oriented
- Are a team-player but can also work independently
- Have completed- or are completing a (relevant) higher education academic MSc degree in innovation management, science or engineering
- Have outstanding English and Dutch communication skills, both written and verbal
- Have decent Microsoft Excel skills
- Location: Wageningen, The Netherlands
- Timing: start January 2019 or sooner
- Duration of the internship: minimum of five months and 4 days a week
- Internship fee: €400 – €500 per month
- Travel costs are reimbursed.
For questions or to apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Don’t forget to include your CV and a short motivation letter.