Communications Internship at StartLife
StartLife is a non-profit organization located on Wageningen Campus in The Netherlands. StartLife was co-founded by Wageningen University & Research, the leading university in the field of food, agriculture and life sciences. Our unique incubation program supports the most promising early-stage startups in technological- and business development, and aims to help startups attract funding through grants and venture capital funds in our community. The program offers pre-seed funding, business coaching and mentoring and access to leading corporates and investors. Since 2011 we’ve supported over 200 startups who have raised over €70 million in follow-on funding. In order to increase the number of the best innovative startups that work with us we need to outperform ourselves and grow our community. You will play a crucial part in our growth. It will be an adventure in which you’ll meet the most inspiring startups, see the most impactful technologies and work with an amazing team at StartLife at Wageningen Campus. We are looking for a talented, creative, self-propelling marketing and communications manager to further enhance our team. In this role you will drive strategy through to implementation.
The overall objective of this role is twofold: 1) help to position StartLife as the incubator and thought leader in the area of innovation and entrepreneurship for Food and Agri startups in the Netherlands and beyond and 2) build a strong and meaningful community (Part of our community are startups, corporates, investors, Wageningen researchers, and mentors. )
In this role you will be supportive to our community manager and our marketing communications manager.
Key tasks are:
- Translate our strategy to concrete quarterly action plans.
- Creating meaningful content to show our knowledge, relevance and achievements specified and targeted to our community and future community members
- Managing and monitoring our social media channels by creating and posting content.
- Finding and exploiting relevant PR opportunities for our startups.
- Creation and distribution of regular newsletters to our community.
- Help organize smaller and bigger sized meetings and events together with the StartLife team.
Our marketing and communications intern might also allocate part of his/her time to help some of our best in class startups with marketing, branding, and communications advice or developing a plan for them (as part of an assignment for the study).
You must possess:
- Knowledge about- and interest in food and agtech startups.
- At least 3rd year HBO student in a relevant study like creative business, innovation management, communications.
- Good English and Excellent Dutch communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent project management & organizational capabilities. You want to keep things in control.
- A getting-things-done mentality, initiating action and being able to cope with tight deadlines.
- A strong work ethic and a friendly and positive approach.
- Experience in- or affinity with event management.
We are a young and dynamic team located in a beautiful new building on Wageningen Campus in a thriving international student environment. You will be a full team member during your internship and engaged in all aspects of our organization. We offer a salary of €400 per month based on a full time availability. You will be supervised by the director of operations and will be guided on a day to day basis by the community manager and the marcom manager.
Please send a short motivation letter (max 200 words), a list with all of your grades, intern start and end date, and short resume to Marloes.email@example.com. An interview will be part of the selection procedure and will be scheduled as soon as possible.
For more information about the content of this function, please contact Marloes Groenewegen via Marloes.firstname.lastname@example.org or +31 (0)6 53712459.