Pieter van Herpen is CEO/Founder of Syndy B.V. and CIO of Icecat N.V.
- Born in The Netherlands (1981)
- Raised in Singapore and New Zealand (high school; GSCE and IB)
- Studied Business Administration in Groningen (Hanze), Barcelona (ESADE) and Rotterdam (RSM)
- Interned at BCG, Heineken and KLM
- First job in 2008 at Procter & Gamble, Gillette marketing (from Western European HQs)
- Launched Syndy.com in 2010, after experiencing firsthand the complexity of content management at large FMCGs
- Closed deals with leading FMCG brands including Unilever, Friesland Campina, Reckit, Danone, Perrigo, Raised +€3MN from angels, accelerators and VC/institutions.
- Sold Syndy to leading competitor Icecat N.V.
- Currently with Syndy as CEO and Icecat as Chief Innovation Officer over-seeing strategic investments
Skills and field of expertise
- Venture building/start-ups/scale-ups
- Product design/development
- Sales (Enterprise)
- Strategy (for Founders)
- Online marketing & PR
- Fundraising (including selling your company and life after Exiting)
- Industry know-how on e-Commerce, FMCG, retail, data, content management, verticalcommerce brands
Offer and interest (startups)
platforms/marketplaces, D2C/online-only brands, food innovation e.g. protein-based meat.
“You only live once.