In the summer of 2015 we started with the new StartLife Incubation Program designed for food and agro startups. Since the start 29 startups entered the programme after a selection by the StartLife review board.
With our program we challenge the business plans of startups and support them to turn their idea into a global leading company.
Global overview program
Startups working on a technological innovation in the agriculture, food or biobased sector are welcome to apply for the StartLife Incubation Program. During the year StartLife offers startups several opportunities to pitch for stage 1. When the startup passes the first review round they officially enter the program consisting of 3 stages. However passing stage 1 gives startups no guarantee to enter stage 2 and 3.
During the program a StartLife coach will take the startups through the premise of the process. He or she will explain the tools needed for the application. Normally it takes startups one year to finish the whole program.
Our offer to the startups
- A ‘virtual place’ in our community with over 170 startups
- A personal business coach during the whole program and afterwards
- Tools to support the business plan development
- Easy access to the facilities and experts on Wageningen Campus
- A broad network in the food and agriculture sectors
- Contacts with investors
- Soft-loans with a total maximum of € 85,000
Criteria for application
For the program we set up the following criteria
- Starter (<5 yr)
- Scalable business model
- Techno startup / innovative
- Active in Food, Agro or the Biobased Economy
- Based in the Netherlands
If you are interested to join the StartLife Incubation Program and to grow business you can fill in the intake form. After filling in the form we will contact you to schedule an intake. After the intake we will decide if there is a potential fit. Startups can only pitch for stage 1 if they had an intake with one of our business coaches and signed a cooperation agreement.
For questions you can always send an email to Caroline Bijkerk.