- Website: the website of StartLife www.start-life.nl.
- User: every user of the Website
- Personal Data: any information that (anonymised or personally) refers to a user and his or her behaviour. This data may have value on its own or in combination with other information available to us.
1. Personal Data and processing
In order to optimally perform our services it is necessary to process several Personal Data. During a User’s visit to our Website the IP address and user agent are gathered. With use of or application to, our services (for instance acceleration program, co-working, workshops, events or coaching) the name, e-mail address, phone number, job title, domain of work, business ideas, referring source and co-founders/partners may be inserted and saved in a secure cloud CRM system.
2. Purpose of data processing
The Personal Data of Users that is at our disposal, will be processed by StartLife with one or more of the following purposes:
- Enabling communications;
- Providing standard products and services;
- Providing customer service/support;
- Providing relevant or custom made expertise/services to Users;
- Enabling logistic/financial conduct;
- Optimizing the technical infrastructure and user experience of the Website;
- Serving laws and regulations applicable to StartLife.
3. Data provision to third parties
StartLife does not, except by virtue of legal obligations, provide Personal Data of Users to third parties. An exception also applies to parties that are brought in or engaged for the purpose of optimal service provision. These partners may include: Logistic partners, Web Analytics Providers, E-mail Service Providers, CRM Software Providers, Payment Service Providers, HR/Community Service Providers, Marketing & Website consultants and Shareholders.
In case a User subscribes to our monthly newsletter (StartLife Newsflash), StartLife can inform the User of related products, services and/or activities that may be of interest to that User. If you object to this measure, you may contact us via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. The e-mail address of the User is only added to the subscribers list when the User has given explicit consent. Every newsletter contains a link which can be used to unsubscribe.
A cookie is a small piece of data that is being saved in the browser by a web server. The user information that a cookie contains, enables the mapping of the interaction between the website and browser. An example may be determining authentication, registering clicking behaviour and analysing navigation within the website of StartLife.
- Functional cookies: to remember preferences on the Website, such as language, design and tool settings.
- Anonymous analytics cookies: to collect statistical data about the Website. For instance, we analyze which pages perform well and which perform under average (based on technique and content), and how to optimize the structure, content and User experience. We utilize Google Analytics software provided by Google Inc. to execute the analytics.
- Marketing cookies: to gather information about the navigating behaviour of Users on this and other (social media) sites (managed by us). These may include: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Youtube, Vimeo, Meetup and Eventbrite. With this data we aim to offer Users the most relevant content at the right time, so it fits the best possible service provision.
6. Links to third party websites
On the Website of StartLife several links to websites of third parties are embedded. When Users visit these websites, the privacy policies of the third parties are in force. We are not responsible for the manner in which third parties process the Personal Data of Users or utilize cookies.
7. Imagery on Website
On the Website of StartLife we strive to offer Users, realistic, creative, and attractive content. Therefore we present copyright material, such as photos and videos, made on the location of StartLife, or at other venues during events that are hosted by StartLife. With reasonable effort, we try to get permission from the individuals who are part of any imagery that is (prominently) visible on our Website, or other (online) communication messages. If the individuals in question object to the use of this content for marketing purposes, they can notify us by email: email@example.com.
We have installed appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect the Personal Data of Users of loss or wrongful processing, whereby, among other things, the state of the technique is carefully taken into account. This means StartLife, in any case, uses the following measures:
- storage of the mentioned data in a secured database with encrypted passwords and secured back-ups;
- selective access to that database (only accessible for StartLife employees to whom it is necessary in regard to their job position);
- access for employees via a personal account through a unique username and password;
- security of network connections via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology;
- a secured internal network;
- quick correction of errors in the Personal Data.
To our best effort, we have taken all necessary security measures. Nonetheless we want to emphasize that there are always risks involved in the processing of data via the internet, that are inherent to internet use in the social and public domain.
9. Review and correction of data
StartLife offers Users the possibility to request, review and alter their Personal Data, or have it deleted from our database. These actions can be taken by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We retain Personal Data of our Users during a period of 24 months after the last visit of our website, the opening of an email or newsletter, or any personal contact. This applies unless we are obligated, on the grounds of any legal determinations, to extend the retention period.
11. Applicable law
StartLife Webinar Terms and Conditions
1a) A user account may be required in order to access StartLife webinars and webinar recordings.
1b) StartLife webinar events and recordings are to be viewed by the registrant only. Registrants may not share their account login information with anyone other than the individual or team responsible for connecting registrant to the webinar.
1c) Online Seminar User Accounts are saved to facilitate enrollments for any future StartLife webinars through Online Seminar. Registrant can delete their Online Seminar account by login in at www.onlineseminar.nl/startlife and change their account settings in ‘my profile’ section. Registrant loses access to StartLife webinars and webinar recordings after deleting his/her user account.
2) Processing of personal data, data and confidentiality
2a) In connection with the operation of the webinar we will ask you to provide us with information that personally identifies you or allows us to contact you when you register for the use of the service. The personal information that you provide us in these circumstances will be provided to StartLife’s provider of its audio- and web-conferencing services (Online Seminar), and vendors that assist them in processing the information, for the sole purpose of enabling them to operate and deliver the webinar service. It is a requirement of StartLife partner vendors to enter into an agreement prohibiting disclosure of this information to others and restricting its use to providing the contracted services of the webinar. The only exception to this is necessary disclosure for legal purposes in line edicts of the law.
2b) The personal information that StartLife’s provider of its audio- and web-conferencing services (Online Seminar) collects from webinar registrants is stored in operating environments that employ reasonable security measures and that are not available to the general public.
2c) If the user provides a telephone number, it will only be used for a text message as a reminder if the event is registered for.
2d) StartLife will keep you up with what’s happening at StartLife and tell you about latest products and other services. We’ll send you emails that we think you’ll be interested in, including selected articles, product updates and reminders about forthcoming events or invitations to relevant surveys. If you do not wish to receive such information you can unsubscribe at any time.
3) Webinars are recorded
3a) The virtual event facility includes a feature that allows audio and any documents and other materials exchanged or viewed during the session to be recorded.
3b) Both during and after the presentation StartLife can obtain the feedback from the participants of a webinar and the data regarding the number of participants and the period that they have participated in the webinar.
3c) By joining a session, you automatically consent to such recordings. If you do not consent to the this, please contact StartLife to discuss your concerns in good time prior to the web-event date.
3d) Registrants cannot be seen or heard by anyone, unless registrant is part of the webinar program.
3e) Registrants will receive a post-webinar email containing a link to webinar recording. The webinar recording will be available only until the date noted in the post-webinar email.
4) Record Retention Policy
4a) All recording will be retained for a period of maximum 1 years. The records include but not limited to:
- Recording of the webinar and its presentations
- Records of participation
- Feedback and responses given to questions and votings during or after the session
- Results of evaluations
5) Intellectual Property
5a) The content of webinars is owned by individual presenters and is included on our website under a license or agreement.
5b) Registrant is under no circumstance allowed to record or reproduce the webinar(s) without written consent of StartLife.
5c) After the event a copy of the webinar presentations will be made available for registrants for personal/non-commercial use only. The content must not be modified or republished in any way without the prior consent of the presenter.
5d) If you seek to reproduce or otherwise use the content in any way it is your responsibility to obtain approval for such use where necessary. Any breach of copyright, including recording the presentation or any unauthorized use of the material may lead to legal action.
6) Applicable law
6a) This agreement shall be governed by Dutch law and the registrant consents to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Dutch courts in all matters.
6b) Disputes should be resolved as much as possible between the registrant and StartLife. If this is not possible, the judge in the district where StartLife is located has jurisdiction to hear the dispute.
6c) StartLife is entitled to change these terms and conditions from time to time.