How much is a micro-loan?
A student startup loan has a range between 1.000 to 8.000 euro. The interest rate is 2%.
Do I need to be registered at KvK (chamber of commerce)?
Since the student startup loan will be transferred to a person and not to company, it is not a necessity to be registered at the chamber of commerce.
When do I have to pay the money back?
Since the money given is a loan, you will need to pay it back within 24 months. If your business is in a growth phase and
What if my business fails?
In case of failure, an amnesty can be given for a (limited) part of the loan. Amnesty can only be given when a start-up can prove they did everything in their power to build the business.
Who can apply for this loan?
Only students, e.g. bachelor, master, PhD and recent graduates (less than 2 years after graduation) can apply. However, not all team members need to comply to this demand.
When can I apply?
You can apply anytime during the year. If you want to be part of the upcoming pitching opportunity, then make sure you apply before stated deadlines.
What happens if I miss one of the deadlines?
If you’re too late for one of the deadline your application will be postponed to the next round.
In what stage does my company have to be?
You don’t need to have a customers or revenue to apply for a student startup loan. You do need an idea and and have a clue about how you’re gonna succeed with this idea. Read into the “business model canvas”
What is the procedure?
- You request per e-mail for an intake. During the intake which will take 30 minutes you will hear everything about the student start-up loan and you will explain your ideas and ambitions.
- Your intake and application will be screened by two board members of the student startup loan board. Within three working days you will be notified if your application has been accepted for the pitching rounds.
- Three weeks before the pitch review meeting you will get all documents that need to be filled in.
- Ten days before the pitch meeting your will hand in all required documents including your presentation
- You pitch in front of the student start-up loan board
- Within three working days you will get feedback and know if you will receive a student start-up loan