StartLife is on a mission to accelerate (disruptive and innovative) AgriFoodTech startups shaping a sustainable food system. As Managing Director, you will be the face of StartLife, and you will play a key role in the future of AgriFoodTech innovation.
What are you going to do?
As Managing Director you bring in your vision and entrepreneurship to shape StartLife’s strategy, translate it into structured actions, and manage the implementation. You will manage and develop your team and know how to deal with internal and external stakeholders (public, university, corporate, and investors).
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Leading the development and execution of Startife’s programs and activities
- Leading an international team of 15 people with 3 managers (partnerships, programs, marketing/communication)
- Building a collective and performance driven team culture
- Stakeholder and investor/venture relationship management
- Leading role in preparing and possibly establishing of a venture studio
- Finance and Operations
StartLife is a not-for-profit foundation with a Board of Directors. As Managing Director, you are responsible for the day-to-day management of StartLife.
A professional and stimulating work environment, with the opportunity to contribute to the mission of StartLife: accelerate AgriFoodTech startups shaping a sustainable food system. Exposure to a thriving AgriFoodTech startup community providing various opportunities to grow and broaden your expertise. StartLife offers a competitive salary depending on your knowledge and experience, as well as a good secondary package including a professional development budget and flexible work arrangements. You will work from the StartLife office located in Wageningen.
You are intrinsically aligned with StartLife’s mission. You firmly believe in the crucial role startups play in accelerating the transition towards sustainable food systems. You are driven by creating lasting impact on the agrifood industry and have a vision on how StartLife can best contribute to create that impact. You live and breathe togetherness and see partnerships and synergy as a way forward to create impact. You are an outgoing leader, who builds trust, establishes and nurtures long-term relationships within StartLife’s complex public and private stakeholder context. You pay attention to every individual in the team and employ an inclusive approach to leadership, fostering growth and development among team members. This, in turn, elevates the overall standard of the organization.
- Academic degree
- A minimum of 10 years of leadership experience
- Strong affinity with early-stage startups in AgriFoodTech or related sector
- Background in entrepreneurship and innovation. Preferable by founder (AgriFoodTech) and proven track record with scaling up
- Strong analytical and business development skills
- Relevant network in agrifood and investor scene
- Good understanding of fund management and dealmaking
- Understanding the Dutch Ecosystem and the role of the WUR in relation to Startlife
- Leadership experience and skills in an international setting and multidisciplinary environment
- Ability to inspire, integrate, and steer diverse teams
- Strong interpersonal, presentation, and communication skills
- Good command of English
- Willingness to travel internationally
StartLife is the top AgriFoodTech startup accelerator in the Netherlands and Europe, co-founded by Wageningen University & Research. We offer a world-class acceleration program, top industry business mentors, non-equity fundingand access to a global community of startups, investors, corporates, and experts. Since 2010, we’ve supported over 400 AgriFoodTech startups that have raised over €320 million in follow-on capital.