Is AgriFoodTech your game and building a better world your aim? Take the next step in your career and join StartLife as a Startup Analyst! In this position, you will be in the lead for finding and picking the world’s next heroes in AgriFoodTech. And with the support of StartLife, leading corporates and investors, you will help them succeed!
About the position: Startup Analyst
As Startup Analyst, you have one main aim: scouting the best European food & agtech startups for our programs. You find and select the most impactful European early phase tech B2B startups for our Accelerate program. You match startups with our global corporates and investors (e.g. Givaudan– the world’s largest flavor & fragrance producer, Yili – Asia’s largest dairy producer, and investors such as the YieldLab Europe, Doehler Ventures, and ICOS capital) to make an impact.
As a contact person for our startups and corporates, you will help to organize meetups with those partners. You’ll grow fast in this role, get to know the startup scene inside-out, meet the most inspiring impact-driven food & agriculture startups, come across breakthrough technologies, and work with an amazing team at StartLife. You’ll quickly grow your network and build relations with leading food & agriculture companies and startup hubs.
What you will do as Startup Analyst at StartLife
- Participate in offline and online agrifood events to identify and reach out to the best agrifoodtech startups, discuss their proposition and assess the fit for StartLife’s programs
- Engage with our global F&A corporate partners on their innovation challenges and our investor partners on dealflow
- Manage relations with other startup accelerators/incubators in Europe to identify startups
- Manage online channels and social media to identify and connect to potential startups
- Help organize meet & greets, selection & demo days, and other virtual / hybrid meetups
What we ask from you
- You love AgriFoodTech startups; startup experience is a strong plus
- You’ve completed a bachelor in bioprocess engineering, food (bio) technology, or similar
- You are fluent in Dutch and English
- You are a go-getter: you get things done and you know it
- You’re super active on social media and love organizing online meetings
What we offer you
As a Startup Analyst, you will work in a fun, international team of 14 people that go the extra mile for impact-driven Agrifood startups. StartLife is located on Wageningen Campus in the Plus Ultra II building – the heart of the agrifood startup community. We offer a dynamic position with responsibility from day one – you decide what to make of this position and there’s room to grow fast! Your monthly salary depends on your knowledge and experience; with a maximum monthly gross income of €2,800 for a full working week (36 hours). The duration of the employment contract is initially for one year with the intention to extend.
Please note that a permanent working permit in the Netherlands is required for this position.
StartLife is the top agrifoodtech startup accelerator in The Netherlands and Europe, co-founded by Wageningen University & Research. We offer a world-class acceleration program, top industry business mentors, non-equity funding and access to a global community of startups, investors, corporates, and experts. Since 2010, we’ve supported over 400 agrifoodtech startups that have raised over €320 million in follow-on capital.
Please let us know why you are the perfect fit for the job as Startup Analyst. Send your motivation and CV as quickly as you can to our Operations Director at email@example.com. By doing so, you agree that we process your data.
For more information about the content of this position, please contact Laura Thissen on +31 6 2241 0815